Friedrich Michael Schreiber
Born in Wolfenbuettel, September 21st, 1959.
Apprenticeship to Furniture Restorer from 1977 to 1980.
Work as a freelance furniture restorer and antiques dealer (specialized in Biedermeier period) in Braunschweig (Brunswick) and Berlin since 1981.
- Numerous remittance work for well-established companies and families
- Intensive collaboration with well known antique dealers and auction houses
- Various publications in professional journals
From 2004 on, Schreiber immersed into creation of objective sculptures.
- Commitment of sculptures ‚Waldgoetter’ final appearance and its materials
- Completion of „The Submissive“, first in the „Waldgoetter“ series
- Further artistic expressions in form of „The Sage“, „The Unicorn“, „The Companion“ and many more
- Until today, 37 pieces of art have been created. ‚Waldgoetter’ found their new homes in various locations with private buyers or in public spaces in Germany and all over the world.
- The „Waldgoetter“ have also been exhibited at various exhibitions, show rooms, events and appeared also in TV features.
Chiaro Scuro ~ The Power of Light and Dark
Gallery at The Monastery | Rye, East Sussex, UK